Monday, August 2, 2010

It Was Just Him and Me...

First road trip update! :)

Right now, we're in Elizabethtown, Kentucky. Daddy is unloading, so I took the chance to give everybody an update! So far, the trip has encompassed four states: South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, and Kentucky. I've actually been to all of these states before, so it's nothing really new to me. I actually slept through most of Tennessee this time. Oops! But oh well. Last night we were driving down to Georgia for Daddy to load, and I saw a town called Fair Play. I thought it was a pretty weird town name; I mean fair play is something you teach young children, not something you name a town. But whatever. Then, later on today, I saw a town in Georgia, called Ft. Oglethorpe. How cool is that?! Anyway, I saw a few new things in Kentucky today. First of all, there is a place called "Dinosaur World", not sure what thats all about. But then there is a "Kentucky Down Under". It's like Australia in Kentucky. It has kangaroos, exotic birds, and all kinds of other Australian stuff. We don't ever have the chance to stop at these places, but it's still pretty cool to see the billboards for them. Speaking of billboards, Georgia really does not like Obama, and they let everybody know on their billboards. We saw one that said "It's We The People, not You The President." The funniest part was that President Obama was actually speaking in Atlanta today. According to the radio, he spoke for about 15 minutes, and it costed them $12,000,000... I thought that was a little pricey. Especially since Georgia should reallot that money to fix some of there extremely rough roads. But this isn't the place for politics. So, back to the road trip, we're having a lot of fun. I miss everybody, but I'll update again soon! :)

This is the sunset in Elizabethtown, Kentucky

This is my home for the next 2 and a half weeks :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm SO glad you're having fun! Be sure to take pictures! This is a great chance for a scrapbook! Love you both!!!

    ReplyDelete